Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Know Your Worth

I wrote this poem for those who are willing to do anything for money. Some go as far as to sell their souls and give up who they are inside to gain the the material things of the world. Everyone who reads this poem and the words I'm writing at this very moment PLEASE UNDERSTAND. If my riches don't come from God ... to be more specific ... Jesus ... I'd rather live poor on this earth. Because I believe that Jesus died for me to be rich in heaven.

His teachings were that of unconditional love and unconditional faith. Faith is what defines me. There is no ritual on this earth that can achieve what prayer and meditation can. There is no job on this earth that can pay me enough to denounce the name of Jesus. There is no love on this earth that can seperate me from the love of Christ.

I have issues ... yes. But money ain't one. I get every morning and thank God that he made me who I am. I thank him for the two beautiful girls that he blessed me with. I thank him for a mother and father that were destined to have me as a son. I thank him for the friends in my life ... true friends. Although they may be few in number they have blessed me with the riches that no earthly coin can compare to.

So, some may say "By ANY means neccessary" I say "By the ONLY means neccessary" .... Jesus!

He has a place for you and me ... will I see you there?


Would a million be enough?
Or trillion cut diamonds maybe …
Or maybe a Mercedes Maybach
Going Mach 3 on
3 lane highways

Oh No
I say … not even
No cruise on elegant steamships
Nor all the gold in Egypt
Could amount to
My worth

You can own all the
Oil in Texas
Then buy the
Presidents Election …
Win the lottery
In 5 successions …

And still …
You wouldn’t be close

You can live as the
Modern Jetsons
Have billionaire connections
Have a Rolex for every second

And still …
It’s just not enough

How ‘bout the strength
As that of Sampson’s
Or the heart of Olympic Champions
Or a chance to just be young again …

My friend …
It still wouldn’t add up

Not all the chips in Vegas
Not all the finest faces
Nor all the cutest babies …

Could even touch my worth

Not all the tea in China
Or all the power of Midas
My worth is simply priceless
No earthly coin can price it

So what? … you ask
If I had a tag
What would my number be?
When God creates a number
THAT BIG …
The world will no longer be

Matthew 6:21
Matthew 6:33
Philippians 1:21
Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Bookmark and Share