Thursday, November 13, 2008

Letters To My Soul Mate

Ok … this is ya boy Noiz checking again (I love blogging on Shade Tree as you can tell … lol). Well to day I’m going to talk about fear. Yes fear. You know … a frightening thought, or other entity that causes uneasy feelings. Notice the key words; thought and feelings. To put it simply, fear is all in our minds.

Recently a close friend told me that “Most people are afraid of what they don't know or understand” and of course I arrogantly replied “Not me”. To be totally honest, I truly believe that there wasn’t much left on this earth for me to be afraid of. Oh- was I ever wrong! I was afraid to let God choose my love for me. I had this idea of who this person would be before I allowed God to send her to me. I was still trying to control my fate so that I wouldn’t get hurt again like I have been in the past.S

omeone once said that dwelling on the past leads to sorrow and dwelling on the future is the cause of fear. This is the very reason we should all live in the MOMENT. What we are doing this very moment in time is the only reality we know. Whether it’s cooking breakfast for the fam or sitting in front of your computer with a cool class of OJ. Or relaxing and stretching out on the couch because the kids are gone to school. This is the moment we live in; the NOW. When we really sit back and absorb the vastness of now, we start to appreciate every breathe we take, every word we say, every thought we have in our mind and at this point is when worry is thrown to the wind. We also start to think LIFE IS TO SHORT TO PASS UP A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY OF LOVE. If we really sit and think about it, we realize that, hey – we may never have this moment again.

Many who have read my work and hopefully will read my book My Life: An Open Book –Love and Truth (shameless plug), know that I try to relay a message of self acceptance, forgiveness, unconditional love and the value of speaking truth at all cost. Well, little did I know; practicing what you speak is a WHOLE lot easier than just writing words.

I had searched for love for so long that I had forgotten what is was that I was looking for. Everyday it was something different. I’d pray “God bring me someone intelligent”, he’d send me and intelligent female, only to find out she was also narcissistic and disrespectful. So then I’d pray “God send me someone who is respectful and humble”, and right on time he sent me someone who was humble as apple pie and just as right as rain on a hot summer day. Ahhh … but, she also had self esteem so low I couldn’t go to the store without her calling every five minutes to see where I was. This continued this way for a few months. Until I realized that I was basing my wants on fear. Fear that if I wasn’t specific, then God wouldn’t send me what I wanted. Not knowing that God sends us who we need and not who we want.

Needless to say, I gave up for a while. I spent a lot of time alone and started writing about love. Then I started writing about the love that I wanted in my life. I started a series of letters called “A Letter to My Soul Mate” and there are four volumes.See I created in mind, the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

It wasn’t about how she looked or what type of career she had or even what her past was like. I just knew that if I started to ask God for someone who made me FEEL l the way I felt when I wrote these letters … then I would know … “That’s her, my Soul Mate”. So, I left caution to the wind and started writing these letters as if we had already met. There’s more to this story than I could ever fit in a blog – but maybe my book will tell the rest (shameless plug #2)

When we start to ask God to bless our hearts with love then he will send us the specifics not the other way around. Let go of fear and claim love … don’t find it … claim it!

It’s yours!

A Letter to My Soul Mate – Vol. 1

I had a dream about you last night. You may not believe me but it’s true. Let me see. It was around two o’clock Saturday night and I saw two moons in a star riddled sky. The clouds were pillow like with violet linings. I saw beauty shining quietly over mountainous silhouettes. I’ll bet I was dreaming of the set of our future love story. It could only be called “Destiny”. A glorious take on how Chance met Fate in a galaxy called Love.

Looking above, I dreamed of us as constellations, adjacent by the same star. Have you ever seen a dove fly under moonlight or white petals dancing on ocean waves? In my dream, the night was as bright as the day and the hills and valleys were always behind us.

Awed, dazed and smiling; I just wanted to be blinded by beauty once more. Sore from running to your heart; I stared into your eyes and fell asleep again. Feeling my soul leave my skin is an experience called “Out of Body”. It was actually like I slipped into a deeper … reality. You’re probably laughing because you dreamed of me too.

This is a letter to my soul mate and today I rip it in two. There is a piece for me and a piece for you. Now, this is what we’ll do. I’ll rent a balloon across the land and toss your half to you. So if you find the other piece … the woman I dreamed of … was you.

A Letter to My Soul Mate – Vol. 2

I was gazing at the stars last night and had delightful dreams of you. I have no idea of who you are but I hope that we’ll meet soon. I have a feeling you read my work, but you’re hesitant to speak. It’s probably because you think I say these things to every woman I meet. But truth be told, I rarely date and I barely send replies to all the messages I get; I guess I’m kind of shy.

Or maybe it’s the opposite, I’m older and now I’m wise. So trust me, If you contact me; today we’ll start our life.

This is a letter to my soul mate and today I rip it in two. There is a piece for me and a piece for you. Now, this is what we’ll do. I’ll rent a balloon across the land and toss your half to you. So if you find the other piece … the woman I dreamed of … was you.

A Letter to My Soul Mate – Vol. 3: Computer Love

You’ve read my poems but you’d never let me know it. See, Myspace has a feature that keeps your pic from showing. You’re saying, “I know him …” your mind races. “Just another player, swooning the ladies with grace and words”. You’ve read at least one third of my work, but still can’t work up the nerve to say “Hi”.Well on the flip side, I know you too. You use the excuse of being too cute as a decoy for accepting the truth. Our souls are connected … I know it. We haven’t even met and yet I’ve walked into your life through writing.

I’m reciting the stories of our future and you’re in front of your computer like, “His pic is attractive, but his mind is cuter.I wrote two poems specifically for you … A Letter to My Soul Mate, volumes one and two. This is volume 3, but hopefully you’ll open the door. At last we’ll meet and I won’t need volume 4.

This is a letter to my soul mate and today I rip it in two. There is a piece for me and a piece for you. Now, this is what we’ll do. I’ll rent a balloon across the land and toss your half to you. So if you find the other piece … the woman I dreamed of … was you.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share