Sunday, September 14, 2008

ALLOW ME TO RE-INTRODUCE MYSELF....IT'S YA BOOOOOOY!!!!!!!




Monday thru Friday I look forward to my daily routine of jumping in my energy efficient Nissan Sentra, hitting 285 east and listening to my favorite radio show “The Michael Baisden Show”. He is nationally syndicated in over 50 cities and can be heard world wide via internet between 3:00pm to 7:00pm eastern time. I love this show because… And I gotta throw this out there, but I think this dude stole my idea! This show is on some real Under The Shadetree type shizzle, Nah mean! Now I know Michael Baisden was no where in New Orleans secretly hiding at Kinko’s back in 1996 while we were plotting our next issue of Under The Shadetree but his show is based on the same principles of providing information to the masses with the sole purpose of empowerment and bringing the masses together on a common ground. Anyway while I was chasing females between Dillard and Xavier University, Michael Baisden was lighting up the airwaves with his own radio spot in New York. So I was just kidding about Michael Baisden stealing our ideas but it is a beautiful thing to see that great minds think alike. Knowing that sometimes all you need is a dream and the drive to make those dreams reality has been a great motivator to how I would like to live my life.


The other reason I dig this show is because there is no other show on free radio like this show. This show is totally “Out Of The Box” of any Talk Radio or Music radio format that is on the AM and FM dial. Now I haven’t broken down and created that other bill for satellite radio, but as far as that free radio goes with those commercials every five minutes, Michael Baisden got that time in my ride. If there is a social issue that needs to be discussed it most likely has been talked about on the Michael Baisden Show. The Michael Baisden Show is the show that got everything poppin in Jena, Louisiana (Jena 6).


I can remember the show when they started talking about the Jena 6 and if my memory serve me well the discussion got so live that the next few shows were completely engulfed with Jena 6 and similar cases throughout the U.S. Well, discussions of the Jena 6 continued and the Michael Bells case was approaching. Somewhere in the discussion Michael Baisden said to George and Juan Dee, “I’m going down there!” Before you knew it...calls were coming in from everywhere saying that they were going to ride with this brotha. I heard people calling in who were Caucasian, Asian, Latino, Black, and people who lived outside of our borders organizing to meet in Jena. That was a powerful thing that happened; all this man said on the radio was I am going to Jena. He did not asked anyone to come along, but of course his boys Juan Dee and George were down for the ride…..but because this man is so passionate in what he does the masses felt they had get down with the cause. Now that’s Shadetree! Passion, hard work, commitment and uplift. That is what you can expect from every project that Shadetree stamps it name on. So stay tuned, listen to a lil Michael Baisden and join in on the discussion and believe that you can make a difference.



I LOVE YALL!
SHADETREESOUP

No comments:

Bookmark and Share